CALL US: +603 7725 8715
REQUEST FOR CONSULTATION : email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
This Personal Data Protection Notice is issued to all our valued existing Clients, Former Client, and Prospective Clients pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. We would like to put you on notice that we treat and view your personal data seriously and there would be no disclosures of the same to third parties except as informed and notified in this Notice.
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”), regulates the processing of personal and sensitive personal data in commercial transactions that applies to Sunitha Ruthram & Co (hereinafter interchangeably referred to as “SRC, “our”, “us” or “we”) by virtue of us having possession of personal data belonging to our Clients, Former Clients, and Prospective Clients their employees, agents and authorized representatives in the course of rendering of professional services to you. For the purpose of this written notice, the terms “personal data” “sensitive personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning prescribed in the Act.
In the course of your dealings with SRC and its related corporations either in existence or would be in existence (as defined under the Companies Act 1965) (hereafter referred to as “SRC Group of Companies”), as our valued client former client and prospective client, we have, is and will request that you provide personal data/ sensitive personal data and information about yourself, your employees, customers, prospective customers, agents and authorized representatives (hereafter collectively referred to as “Personal Data”) to enable us to conduct and extend our Professional Legal Service effectively and completely.
1. This written notice and the terms hereof (“Notice”) serve to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of SRC and your personal data was or may be collected in the future, from the information you have provided to us in our briefs, emails, personal file of your employees, personal documents belonging to your customers, prospective customers, agents and authorized representatives and any other equivalent documents (hereafter collectively referred to as “the said documents”) that you have been asked to hand over together with other information we may obtain about you, including but not limited to your name, national identity card number, passport number, contact number, residential address(es), photograph (s), personal email address, mobile number(s), credit card details, next of kin, employers, bankers and other information that we have requested for in our forms that you have completed including but not limited to , financial reports, credit ratings, Bank Statements, Form 24, 49 or any other forms as detailed in the Company’s Act 1965 and equivalent financial data (s) and all other personal information.
2. If you had failed or you failed to supply to us the above personal data or had failed or failed to supply the personal information accurately, we may not be able to process your personal data for any of the purposes (below). In addition, if you subsequently withdraw your consent to us to process your personal data, we may not be able to process your personal data for all of the purpose below which would have a negative impact in the proper fulfillment of the terms and conditions of our mutual contractual obligations, instructions and for the proper preparation and filing of cause papers in Courts.
3. We are processing your personal data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide to us, for the purpose of entering into a contract with you to render our professional legal services and equivalent, professional services such as Training in matters related to law or otherwise, seminars, talks, meetings, discussion, briefings, filing of relevant cause papers such as Memorandum of Appearance, Statement of Claim, Statement of Defense, Statement of Case. Statement In Reply, preparation of opinions, taking instructions for the filing of legal actions against your employee, former employee, customers or former customers, vendors etc entering into retainer contracts, management of your accounts/file with us and performing such other contractual covenants as may have been entered into between you and us and such other purposes as may be related to the foregoing (“Purposes”).
4. Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties such as our related and/or associated Company (sister companies either in existence or would be in existence in the future), our professional business partners such as information technology service providers auditors, professional advisors and external auditors, law enforcement, regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements, lawyers, or our bankers, and/or equivalent service providers and any other party requested or authorized by Sunitha Ruthram & Co for the above Purposes or required by a Court of law for a disclosure. In the event of authorized disclosures carried our by the Firm, we would have a contract with reciprocal compliance to ensure compliance to the provisions of the PDPA 2010.
5. Further, your personal data may be transferred to locations outside Malaysia for the above Purposes.
6. You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate complete and not misleading and that your personal data is kept up to date. You may access and request for correction of your personal data and/or limit the processing of your personal data, or make any enquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data, by contacting the authorized personnel in charge of PDPA at :-
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
THE ENGLISH VERSION
Ms Yeap Shor Kuan/ Ms Sunitha
Messrs. Sunitha Ruthram & Co
Advocates & Solicitors
Suite 28A, Jalan Tun Muhammad Fuad 1,
Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, 60000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
T: +603:77258715/+603:77338715 F: +603:+77288715.
We may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data under the Act and if we refuse to comply with such a request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for or refusal either verbally or in writing.
In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this notice, the English version shall prevail over the Bahasa Malaysia version.
We are a boutique Employment law firm providing specialized professional legal services and representation SOLELY to Employers and/or Corporate clients who are entangled in a myriad of employment related matters and industrial disputes at various forums of dispute resolution.
• Representation at the Labour Court in all States
• Representation at the Industrial Court in all States
• Representation at the High Court in all States
• Representation at the Court of Appeal
t : +603 7725 8715
+603 7733 8715
f : +603 7728 8715
e : email@example.com
Click here to download
our latest company profile
© 2015 Sunitha Ruthram & Co . All rights reserved